Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
• Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
• Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
• Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
• Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
• Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
• Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
New Direct: Disappearing photos and videos will now appear alongside text messages and reshared posts, so you can seamlessly go back and forth with friends in the same thread.
Swipe left into Direct and tap the new blue camera icon at the bottom to take a disappearing photo or video.
Tap the arrow to send it to individual friends or groups of friends.
New disappearing messages sent to you are highlighted blue in your inbox. Tap to view them.