Hews for Hacker News
News & Magazines | 4.1MB
Hews is a Hacker News client focuses on reading experience with some unique features. And it's open source.
• Clear nested comments with two-way collapsing
• Four themes: light, sepia, dark and AmoLED black
• Browse Top, New, Show HN and Ask HN stories
• Browse popular posts by any date range
• Login hacker news account, upvote and reply to post/comment
• Search by any date range, with popularity/date sorting
• Post bookmarking
• Open hacker news links by this app
• Open post in build-in or external browser
• Check User's HN profile (long press)
• Share comment link/content (long press)
• Material design
• Open source (https://github.com/leavjenn/Hews)
* Highly customizable typography
10 distinct fonts, easy to fine-tune font size and line-height, for the best reading experience.
Video demo: https://youtu.be/gGyW0LxO9wg
* Two-way comments Collapsing
Not only collapsible children comments (press comment content), it can also collapse comments between itself and it's parent (press comment info bar).
Video demo: https://youtu.be/FT4aFFUzFIo
* Scroll-down floating button
Scroll down the page by pressing or draging the big floating button, swipe no more.
Video demo: https://youtu.be/kuffdR2GCqU
* Post summary (TL; DR)
Distill the summary (tl; dr) of a post from it's comments, save yourself from clickbait title. Notice that this feature is still in test.
Video demo: https://youtu.be/Yrr4OiqGf7U
Hews is an unofficial Hacker News Android app, and it is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Y Combinator.