I wants to share an app for all of you. 10,000+ users downloaded WWWJDIC for Android latest version on 9Apps for free every week! In addition, the latest version of the app has updated a lot of features. This hot app was released on 2013-03-15. Download and play this free app for android mobile phone now!
Japanese and kanji online dictionary
Android frontend for Jim Breen's WWWJDIC
Donate version available.
* Italian dictionary support
* ICS support
* full tablet support
* Japanese pronunciation (install 'N2 TTS' from Play Store to enable)
* text to speech for kanji and dictionary entry translations (English/German/French/Spanish/Italian)
* multi-radical kanji search
* kanji of the day widget
* Japanese sentence translation
* example search with approximately 150,000 examples (Japanese/English pairs)
* example word breakdown/translation
* animated stroke order diagrams for over 6000 kanji
* history and favorites
* history and favorites backup and restore
* favorites export to CSV and Anki
* handwriting recognition (including offline via the Kanji Recognizer app)
* OCR-based handwritten kanji recognition, does not require correct stroke order
* Optical Character Recognition (OCR) -- just take a picture of any kanji you want to look up
* multiple dictionary lookup (General/Japanese Names/Computing/Life Sciences and more)
* multiple languages supported (German/French/Russian/Swedish/Hungarian/Spanish/Dutch/Slovenian/Italian)
* romaji input
* kanji compound search
* kanji lookup by reading, meaning, radical or stroke count
* radical table showing radical variations
* automatic mirror selection for best performance
* Camera permission is needed for OCR
* Coarse location is needed to select the closest WWWJDIC mirror
* For more details, see the FAQ:
Email me for bug reports and feature requests:
Follow me on Twitter for latest updates: @kapitanpetko
Release announcements and detailed explanation of new features on my blog:
Still worry about the size of the installation package? This top Books & Reference app is just 1.3M. When running in the background, basically it does not take up much RAM. 9Apps also provides other hot Books & Reference apps(games) for android mobile phone. 9Apps is an excellent solution to manage your Android smart phone.
* Support for Google TTS
* Fixed tablet support for Android 4.4+.
* Kanji Recognizer is now required for handwriting recognition.
* Bug fixes.
* Scale stroke annotations
* Handwriting recognition fixes for some devices
* Bug fixes
* Updated EU mirror (Germany)
* Android 4.4 support
* Added backup file selection dialog (4.4+)
* Use Japanese font on non-Japanese locales (4.2+)
* Added action to share Anki deck
* Bug fixes