Nurses' Guide to Clinical Procedures
Medical | 7.9MB
Step-by-step instruction on over 200 of the most commonly performed nursing skills.
Download the FREE app and view selected topics
- Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen.
ABOUT: Nurses' Guide to Clinical Procedures
Based on 6th print ed. Step-by-step instruction on over 200 of the most commonly performed nursing skills. Information on required equipment, assessment needed, sample diagnosis, care planning, implementation, expected outcomes, documentation.
Nurses' Guide to Clinical Procedures provides step-by-step instructions for over 200 common nursing procedures. This latest update is based on the 6th edition and 2010 print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Each procedure is organized according to the nursing process, including assessment, sample diagnoses, planning, desired outcomes, implementation, evaluation, and documentation. Planning sections emphasize individual client needs and include pediatric, geriatric, home health, cultural, end-of-life, and delegation considerations. Implementation sections present specific steps and rationales. Icons highlight cultural considerations and cost-cutting tips.
Learning features put expertise at your fingertips:
- A quick-reference clinical-support tool designed to serve students in all types of educational programs and practicing nurses in any clinical setting
- Section overviews highlight the basic principles underlying each procedure
- Bulleted lists make essential facts easy to remember
- Planning sections help you tailor each care plan to the individual patient's needs
- Documentation samples for each procedure build sound practice performance
- Nursing process documents desired outcome and its evaluation in a narrative format
Based on: 6th edition
Author: Jean Smith-Temple, DNS, RN and Joyce Young Johnson, PhD, RN, CCRN
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Tap and Hold launch icon to open Last Topic, History, Favorites ..
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Voice Notes
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.