Please note: This special version of Field Guide to Life is accessible to individuals in recovery from addiction through health care and treatment organizations that sponsor it. No in-app purchase is required. If you are an individual who does not have a password provided by a sponsoring organization, please consider the Field Guide to Life app without the lock on the icon.
Hazelden Publishing’s Field Guide to Life Pro app is a user-friendly mobile application that allows those recovering from addiction to stay active and on track in early recovery. Treatment centers and health care organizations sponsor the app and provide usernames and passwords to their patients and clients. The app includes inspirational messages as well as videos and tools to help users achieve lifelong recovery.
Through the Field Guide to Life Pro app, you can stay inspired, track your days in recovery, manage cravings, track progress, and reach out to your support systems when needed.
Features of the app include:
• Daily guidance and inspiration: A full year of inspirational messages and activities to support your recovery.
• Favorites and share: Save and retrieve your favorite daily messages and share them with a friend.
• Daily reminders: Set the time of day that works for you and receive a gentle reminder to read your daily message.
• Videos: Hear positive messages from recovery experts and others in recovery.
• Sober counter: Enter your sober birthday and remember to celebrate every minute free from alcohol or other drugs.
• Stop cravings, stay motivated: Upload images of family, friends, passions, and whatever else keeps you motivated in order to help stop cravings.
• Progress tracker: Track your obstacles in recovery such as stress, anger, and anxiety. Also track the ways you tackle those challenges such as meditation, honesty, and exercise.
• Your support system: Reach out to your support system, such as a sponsor, at the touch of the SOS button.
• Relapse prevention: Know what causes relapse and create a response plan to avoid it.
The White House Behavioral Health Patient Empowerment Challenge award was presented to Hazelden for its Field Guide to Life app for providing crucial first-year support to people newly recovering from addiction.
This app can be used on phones and tablets running OS 4.0 and higher.
Fixed a bug that was causing the names of contacts not to show in the SOS tool. If you are still having trouble after the update, please delete the contact from SOS and re-add it.