Health & Fitness | 6.4MB
Mudra literally means "seal" or "gesture". Our body is made up of 5 elements : Fire(Agni), Air(Vayu), Space(Akasha), Earth(Prithvi), Water(Jala). These 5 elements are known as "Pancha tatvas".
Basics about yoga mudras:
• Five fingers of our hand represent five elements.
• When these 5 elements are not in balance we get various physical and psychological ailments.
• The energy from the body radiates out mainly through the tip of the nose, lips, finger tips and toes.
• When the thumb gets in contact with the other fingers, energy is directed back to vitalize various parts of our body. This is called as circuit bypass.
• In our Puranas, we see our Gods and Goddesses expressed in different Mudras.
• Mudras are the expression of our inner feeling.
• Mudras that are part of yogic postures are called yoga mudras.
Important things about yoga mudras:
• When the tip of the thumb joins the tip of the other fingers, respective tatvas get balanced in the body.
• While doing the mudras, only the tip of the fingers are used. Pressing the tip of fingers is not needed. Other fingers should be straight.
• There is no side effect in this. This can be done while one is on medication also.
• Mudras not only improves the physical health but also improves the mental health by reducing the anger, increasing the peace and releasing one from the addictions.
When you can get so many health benefits just by joining the tips of your fingers, yoga mudras are worth giving a try. Download the app now, practice mudras and heal yourself.